Saturday, June 14, 2008

ATTENTION CLASS

***Please email me your blog addresses, so I can post them up.

Also, you should purchase an SPD Annual from the Society of Magazine Designers.
The new one is not out yet (the 43rd one) but see below for seeing the winning entries on their site. The olders ones you can get for cheaper, The 40th one is fabulous in my opinion as is only $25 from SPD's Website. You can also get them at The Strand for cheaper (especially the older ones) or order them through Amazon.

But here is the link to get them from SPD.

Hope you are all having a good time selecting and setting type!

-Ramon

PS: Here are some more examples of Type Specimen books. These are screen shots from a book by a student in Ellen Lupton's Type class at MICA (Maryland Institute of Contemporary Arts) How nice. Think of using your type like this. I page per typeface??

PSS: I have been doing some type research and found this blog entry on TYPOPHILE about magazine typography. It lists type for many magazines, so you get an idea.




No comments: